Well it finally happened. My daughter finally gave me a heart attack. This morning as I was getting ready for work, Gram was playing with Addison. I heard a clunk but no crying so I figured everything was okay. It was when I heard Gram holler, "How did you get out of there?" that I ran into the living room only to discover that Gram had put Addie in her exersaucer and Addie had managed to climb out of it and was climbing the rocking chair.
Next thing that happened...I was packing her diaper bag. I'd left her on the other side of the room playing with a large pile of toys. Gram came walking in with her plate of blueberry pancakes and let out a scream. I turned around to find Addie...she wasn't where I had left her and she was holding on to the tray at the bottom of the fireplace eating ash and reaching for the pretty red, orange, and yellow flashes in the wood stove. I swear...it was only 30 seconds and I was terrified. I don't think I've ever been that scared.
So case in point:
1. Addie cannot be left in her exersaucer and be expected to play by herself.
2. Addie loves fire and will have to learn young that fire is dangerous otherwise I could have a mini-pyro on my hands.
3. Addie needs to learn that the only time we eat charcoal is when we have ingested poison and a doctor administers it.
I have a climber on my hands. We're going to have to harness that talent!
Also...my computer at school isn't working. I don't get any updates on blogs or any of my cute backgrounds. It stinks. So if I haven't commented its not because I don't love any of you.
And message for Elisa....I can't get onto your blog anymore...it says I have to have an invite. So can I have one? Thanks!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Near Disaster
Posted by Lisa at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey Lisa! I don't think I have your email address. Email it to me so I can get you set up. (qeedwards@hotmail.com).
Welcome to the joys of Motherhood!
Thanks for your help w/my blog!!!
I'd love to actually email you sometime, but it keeps coming back as a failure. Kamie is also fascinated with our fire place right now! Luckily it is gas, but the glass still gets Really hot! If you find a way to keep Addie away let me know! And I am sure she will eat things that are much worse. One of my friends little girls had a tea party out of the toilet! Good Luck!
Becki try emailing me at these two different email addresses and let's see if it makes a difference: lbodily@dsdmail.net or jklmbodily@gmail.com
Maybe that will make a difference.
Post a Comment