Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything

Only 11 days left of my summer vacation and believe me...we've been living it up as much as we can! We just got back from camping up at East Canyon State Park, just outside of Morgan. Yes we were brave souls and took Addie along and she did fantastic. I think she likes camping. My brother Boyd brought his boat up in the afternoons and we went on boat rides. Jeff tried his hand at wakeboarding and on the second day nearly made it up. I think if we'd had a few more days and a few more tries he would have done it. Addie loves boat rides. She did really well when the boat was moving fast but would start to fuss a little when we were just sitting or going through no wake zones. The only thing she didn't like was her life jacket...baby sized thanks to Grandpa Allen.

We got back Tuesday night and spent Wednesday unpacking and putting stuff away. I spent today getting caught up on laundry all so I can pack up a suitcase tomorrow. We're going on another adventure. Addie's first plane ride! Grandpa Allen is working in Vegas and hasn't been home for over a month and won't be home for a little while longer. So we're taking advantage of free hotel and flying to Vegas for a few days. Should be another great experience. I've talked to some of you for travel advice with a 6-month old and believe me...I'm taking stock in all of it.

Again...no pictures. I have to collect them from Grandmas and Aunt Lori. So when I finally get them be forewarned...you're going to have a long list to look at. I can't believe that Addie is already 6-months. It doesn't seem like that long at all. She just started eating veggies and fruits. She's been chowing down the rice for almost a month and a half. (Thanks to Elisa and her sister-in-law for giving me the confidence that it would be alright for me to give it to her.) She is rolling over and discovered a plastic bag (don't know how she got that far that fast) and lucky for me I discovered her before she could put it in her mouth. Her mouth is where everything goes right now, and I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess it's surprising when it's your own. By the time she is two she will be selling her own workout series on Abs of Steel. She will pull her head up in a crunch and then stretch her legs out straight and lift them off the ground. She does a perfect crunch and will just sit and hold it. She only weighs 14 lbs. 3 oz. and is in the 15th percentile for weight. She measures 26 inches and is in the 55th there. I pray she doesn't end up looking like her mother. (I'm struggling with getting rid of the baby weight and not just from having a baby but from when I was a baby. That's still sticking with me.)

Jeff is looking forward to starting this next semester. He's enrolled in a few business classes and should have a great semester. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to leave Addie home with grandma to play while I go to work. What I won't miss is laundry day. Guess I'll go back to doing a load a day or every other day. (It's always a great plan to start and then it kind of falls apart.)

In other news I had my knee repaired. As many of you know I attempted to slide into 2nd base last summer (a very, very poor attempt) and split my knee open when I was only 8 weeks pregnant. We had a very uncooperative doctor who didn't like the fact that I had gotten him out of bed and didn't want to touch me in the operating room because of my "delicate condition." Well he stitched up the 4 inch split with a whopping 6 whip stitches. (Yes...that is correct 6 stitches.) After it healed it looked like I had a worm traveling across my knee. And it hurt to kneel on or touch it. So this summer, after softball season of course, I visited the plastic surgeon and had my knee repaired. I'm healing well. Much better than last time. I'll have to post the before and after shots. (Of the scar...I won't gross you all out with the pictures of my open wound.)

I think that is really about all from up here. Those of you who stuck around to read the whole thing...well, you truly are friends. I'll try to post more often so it's not so long.

2 comments:

Cher said...

It was so good to have an update form you guys. I have been wondering how things are going.
Sarah is 2 months and weighs more then Addie. She is in the 90% both in height and weight. Emma was more like Addie. but it is all well as long as they are healthy and progressing!
I am sorry about you knee it sounds awful. Hope that all is well and you are healing good!
Have fun in Vegas. Give my mom a call if you want.. she would love to see the baby... and you of course. (you find that after having a baby that its all about the baby and not you anymore. LOL)
Looking forward to pics!

Becki Lynne said...

I can't believe how fast Addison is growing! And she looks so much like her mom right now. Wish you could have been here for Elisa's baby shower, we miss you. Elisa looks so cute with a round belly (of course she disagrees!). I really enjoyed listening to Addison giggle and laugh for her Aunt Jenny and Aunt Lorie. Hope that all is great for you and good luck on your new school year.