Monday, April 28, 2008

Addie's Big Weekend


We had a busy weekend and most of it was in Addie's honor! Saturday Jeff took the day off and we ran errands and went grocery shopping. Sounds boring right? Well it was nice to be with Jeff when we both had the day off even if we did just run some errands and spend the day getting ready for Sunday.


Saturday night we celebrated Jeff's birthday (which is actually today) with cake and ice cream and then we watched our Utah Jazz beat the Rockets to take a 3-1 lead in the series. It was a late game and I fell asleep before it was over but Jeff was tough and watched till the end.


Sunday morning we got up bright and early and got Addie dressed for her big day. Her dress was so beautiful! Thanks again Alisa! I have to dress her up this week for a photo shoot because we changed her clothes before we could get lots of pictures. She looked like an angel. Her daddy did a good job too. He was so nervous. During the opening hymn the hymn book kept shaking. It was an incredible blessing to this little girl from her incredible father and Heavenly Father. Apparently she did a flip flop in the middle of the circle and it was enough to give the gentlemen a little scare but they adjusted and Jeff didn't miss a beat. I wouldn't have even known if not for a little bird (Uncle Milton) telling me. I have to say that REAL men DO cry!


Lunch was great and we appreciate all the friends and family that came and supported us. We know that for some of you it was a huge sacrifice. It was wonderful to see you and have you take part in this special day. Thank you!


So...I want to add a picture and since this post is about Addie's blessing day and I don't have a picture of her in her dress yet, this picture I've posted is Addison wearing the dress I was blessed in. She wouldn't smile this day but oh well she's still cute!

2 comments:

Cher said...

Happy b-day Jeff!
We are so sorry that we missed this special day for Addie. It sounds like it was wonderful. I really cant wait to meet this little angel of yours. We should have a play-date this summer!

Larsen Mom said...

Sounds like you guys had great time. I'm sorry we couldn't be there. While Addie is definatly worth the $200 dollars it would take to get up there, we have to save up for the house we just bought. Just a little thing!
Can't wait to see you.