Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bedtime Dilemmas

About 2 months ago we converted Addie's crib into a day bed. She has been sleeping in a large queen bed at my mom's since an infant. We surround her with pillows and she does just fine. I put pillows on the floor along the bed so if she rolls out she has a soft landing. We haven't had any problems at all (not including my tears the first night she slept in her "big girl" bed. At least no problems up until 3 nights ago. She has fallen, rolled, climbed out of bed the last 3 nights. Many times we don't even hear her and we discover her cuddling a pillow and curled up in a ball on her bedroom floor.

So here is the dilemma:

Anyone out there bought a bed rail? I've found several online but they are made for a specific brand of crib or only fit regular size beds, not toddler beds. I need some advice/suggestions. I hesitate buying a toddler bed because once we get a home I think we'll just get her a regular bed. I just don't have room for that option right now.

Any ideas? All will be MOST welcome!

1 comments:

Larsen Mom said...

Shilee started out with just a mattress on the floor so rolling off was no big deal. Millie and Enoch had a toddler bed. The getting out of bed part you just kind of have to deal with. She'll eventually learn. It's probubly not a good idea to use bed rails that don't come with the bed. I read that kids can get stuck inbetween and suffucate. We aren't using our toddler bed right now if you want to borrow it.