Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Picnic in the Park

Last Sunday was Aunt Jan's company family picnic. Since none of her immediate family was close enough to come with her she invited us! So we all piled into Grandma Vonnie's truck and headed out to Barnes Park.




After dinner we headed over to the jungle gym for some dinner digesting while we waited for the grandmas to finish their dinner. Addie seems to always be finished before everyone else is ready to be finished and she does not like to sit and wait patiently for you to finish. She loved this slide! She would come down and then tried to climb back up. Daddy tried to grab her with his super long arms but alas...he started to slide and well, you can see what happened.


"Its okay Daddy. They don't care if you come down the wrong way!" (Did I mention that Jeff's feet are almost at the top of the slide.)

My friend Alisa gave me a book on photographing babies. I have glanced through it a couple of times waiting for time to sit down and read it cover to cover and then "poof" become an amazing photographer. Yeah...that didn't so much happen so I decided to work on it piece by piece. This is a picture from the "Closer is not always better chapter." It said to stand about 15 feet away and zoom in for a better close up shot. So I tried it and this is what I got. Not too bad for the first go round, right? I'm still no master but I'm working on it.After playing at the park we headed back to the pavillion for the games! Water Baseball was a favorite with Addie and her new little friend. Of course no one made them bat and run the bases and they had a good time keeping 3rd base warm.And of course...what's a picnic without the fire truck?


Firefighter in training. She's doing a pretty good job don't you think?

1 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh, Lisa!! She has gotten so BIG!! It's been a year now (I think) since we've seen you last, I can't even believe it!